2020 Ford MakeItDriveable Virtual Edition Europe Challenge Giveaway
(“Challenge”) Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Challenge is open to any persons who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry, and have been accepted to participate in (“you” or “entrant”) the MakeItDriveable Virtual Edition Europe Challenge (the “Challenge”). Void where prohibited. To register and submit ideas for consideration to enter the Challenge, visit . Participation in the Challenge is subject to these Official Rules and the Program Terms and Conditions (“Official Rules” or "Program Terms and Conditions"). By participating in the Challenge, you agree to the Official Rules and the Program Terms and Conditions and the Participation Waiver (separate document).
2. Sponsor/Administrator: Ford Motor Company, 16800 Executive Plaza Drive, Dearborn, MI 48126.
3. Timing: The Challenge opens for idea submission on June 1st, 2020 at 09:00 AM CET and prizes will be announced by latest October 22nd, 2020 at 12:00 CET (the "Challenge Period"). Sponsor’s clock is the official timekeeping device for this Challenge.
4. How to Enter the Challenge: During the Challenge Period, visit the Program website at www.makeitdriveable.com and enter your name, email address and phone number and concept details on the registration page to register to attend. Once your registration is validated you will be asked to provide an auto appropriate focused mobile application or concept (“Application”) that would be suitable for use in a vehicle (e.g. does not contribute to or cause distracted driving) for the “Brought In” challenge or an idea for enhancing the capabilities of the Connected Car for the “Beamed In” Challenge. The Application or Idea must be applicable to the areas of focus detailed on www.makeitdriveable.com to be valid. Applications and ideas that would according to Sponsor´s view not be suitable for use in a vehicle are not eligible and will be disqualified in advance, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. The email address used to submit the Entry must match the email address connected to the entrant’s Program registration.
As used herein, “Submission” refers to the Application or any other content you submit in connection with the Challenge.
Entrants represent and warrant that their Submission is the original work of such entrant, it has not been copied from others, it has not previously won awards, it does not violate the rights of any other person or entity, and publication or use of the Submission will not infringe on the rights of any third party. Any entrants indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor from any claims to the contrary.
No Limit: There is no limit on the number of entries per person during the Challenge Period.
By participating in the Challenge, you agree that your Submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, will not place Sponsor under any obligation, and that Sponsor is free to or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Submission on a non-confidential basis to anyone. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your Submission, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you. Submission of an Entry grants Sponsor and its agents the ability to promote entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant. In addition to the foregoing, your Submission shall be subject to the terms set in the Program Terms and Conditions.
Each Submission must conform to the additional requirements set forth herein:
cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent, derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane, pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity;
cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
cannot be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group;
cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies;
cannot infringe trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind;
cannot contain any personal identification other than entrant’s;
cannot infringe copyrighted materials owned by others;
cannot infringe the rights of a person or entity or otherwise contain or use materials to which entrant does not have rights;
cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and
cannot depict a, and cannot itself be in, violation of any law.
cannot promote, encourage, contribute to or cause distracted driving.
5. Judging: Submissions will be judged based upon the following equally weighted criteria at Sponsor´s sole discretion:
Information provided by assigned mentors (maximum points: 50)
Innovation and use of vehicle data and/or business model (maximum points: 25)
Information and opinion provided from focus group participants (maximum points: 25)
Judges’ decisions are final and binding with regard to all aspects of the Challenge. Legal recourse is excluded. Winners (individuals or at least 1 member of the participating team) must be in attendance in the Virtual Edition Europe at the time of prize announcements on October 21st, 2020 around 12:00 CET. If participant is not present prize will be awarded to a runner up.
6. Prize: A maximum of 2 participating companies achieving the highest scores will receive the following selection of prize packages. Winners will only be eligible for one of the prize packages and will be informed as to which package they won by sponsor.
· (Prize Package A)
· (Prize Package B)
The total value of all prizes: €5000
If applicable winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use and will receive an applicable tax form for the value of the prize.
Winners will be provided with additional information on how to redeem their prize.
Winners will be notified at the conclusion of the MakeItDriveable Virtual Edition Europe Challenge, on September 21st, 2020. If a potential winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules or the Program Terms, if attempted notification or any prize is returned as undeliverable, if any required documents are not returned within the required number of days, if a winner cannot be verified, or if a winner is otherwise unable or unwilling to accept and claim the prize as stated, then prize may be forfeited and a runner up will be selected. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules and the Program Terms.
7. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and its direct and indirect subsidiaries, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Challenge or receipt or use or misuse of any prize and/or use of the Submission, except the damage or loss is caused by willful misconduct or negligence of Ford employees, to the property of the participant. Notwithstanding any other provision of these Program Terms and Conditions, Ford does not seek to exclude or restrict its liability for (i) death or personal injury caused by its negligence or (ii) fraud.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Challenge constitutes participant’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of his or her name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media now known or hereinafter developed, worldwide, without payment or consideration. Winner’s name and likeliness may be included in a publicly available winner’s list.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Challenge or the event, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Challenge or the event, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Challenge or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Challenge may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: Without derogating from the limitation of liability and disclaimer provisions set forth in the Program Terms and Conditions, the Released Parties are not and shall not be responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Challenge; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Challenge; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Challenge or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Challenge, if it is possible. If the Challenge, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for the prize offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CHALLENGE, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS AGAINST SPONSOR WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS' FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (2) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (3) ENTRANT'S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY ENTRANT.
11. Governing Law & Jurisdiction: The Official Rules and the Challenge are governed by German law and are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Challenge Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Challenge, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Germany, without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof.
13. Severability: If any provision of these Program Terms and Conditions (or part of any provision) is found by any court or other body of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions shall remain in force.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. The Challenge is open to any persons who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry, and have been accepted to participate in the MakeItDriveable Virtual Edition Europe Challenge (“Challenge”). Void where prohibited. To register and submit ideas for consideration to enter the Challenge, visit . Participation in the Challenge is subject to these Official Rules and the Program Terms and Conditions at .